Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Recycled Wood Projects



I found a bunch of long pallets in a dumpster.  yes, I said a dumpster.  and they were all in perfect condition.  I loaded up as many as would fit in my girlfriends explorer and headed home.  I had no idea what I was gonna use them for, but it was good, free wood.  I unloaded them on the side of the house for a few days. (not to leave them there to long to look like trailer trash), and finally took them apart.  Taking out staples is a pain in the A@#!  I used one pallet to make a headboard and to use for box spring support boards for a bed I was building, then thought...I have been making lots of furniture, but no accent pieces like pictures.  I made a few frames and now I can't stop.  lol  On these two pictures, I used some old metal tractor seats and the center piece.  It is country and rustic and very different than Ikea cookie cutter pictures!  Talk about a conversation piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment