Friday, May 18, 2012

6' Walnut Bench, Chest, Rustic Bin







I made a rustic garbage can/dog food bin from torn down fence boards as well as a chest/trunk.  It took a lot of sanding to get the mold and dirt off, but it was worth it!  I also made a 6' walnut log bench.  Lots of planing and sanding on this bench!  The chest/trunk has the hinges in the back and a lock/latch in the front.  When you open it, there is a flip up stick to hold the lid open.  It was hot out today and sweat, dirt, and saw dust is a bad combo, especially for your eyes, so no matter how nerdy it looks...wear protective glasses.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Amish furniture is solid and beautiful! As a furniture maker myself...I admire the Amish craftmanship and the time spent to make such quality furniture. I just bought a basket from the Amish last week when I was driving home from Conneticut.

    ReplyDelete