Monday, June 18, 2012

Oak Log Bench and Coffee Table





I cut down a dead oak tree a week or so ago.  (that is a big project!)  I have lots of oak branches and logs.  I'm going to see my grandparents soon and they like to sit on their front porch when it is nice out and only have plastic chairs.  I decided to make them a log bench that won't blow away in the wind, or brake, and they can sit next to eachother.  I also made a log coffee table.  It is 1/3 of a 4' log that I cut into slices to use the curved ends for benches and the center pieces to make table tops with.  They are both very solid and heavy! 

3 comments:

  1. I am finding this site very useful, very good furniture design. I enjoy reading this post. Thanks for sharing.
    mattress for cheap in mumbai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It is a journey I'm on that is fun and rewarding!

      Delete
  2. It’s amzing to have your blog! I really loved it, it’s expressimg your ideas and inspiring me so much regarding ideas of furniture.Thanks for sharing.
    Living Room Furniture In India

    ReplyDelete