Monday, August 27, 2012

Rustic Mahogany Door Dining Table and Reclaimed Fenceboard Table and Chair Set




I had a customer bring me two old mahogany doors and ask that they be made into a dining table for them.  I first made the legs and frame under the table top doors, stained them, and then added the doors on top.  I had to cut down the tops, bottoms, and ends so the table was not to big as well as square it up. (71" x 55" x 30" tall) The door bottoms and tops were cut to fit a crooked door frame.  lol  I also finished up a table and 4 chair set (36" x 36" x 30" tall) made from reclaimed fence boards. 

4 comments:

  1. designing of these oak furniture are very simple and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! It always amazes me to see what people can make with reclaimed wood. I have a brother that makes log furniture and he always surprises me with what he comes up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the Mahogany table and chair set! I want my back yard to have a very "woodsy" feel and I think that log furniture would go perfectly with the style I want. I'm not much of a carpenter though, so I think any hopes of making it myself is out of the question. http://www.harrisonloghomes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these ugly rotting stumps into beautifully smooth, shimmering rods of gold... But, no, they really are lovely.
    Demir Leather & Furniture

    ReplyDelete