Wednesday, July 11, 2012

48" x 36" Tall Pub Table With Leaf and 6 Chair Set

I had a custom order for a round pub table with a leaf and 6 chairs to go with it.  Table slides are expensive as I found and hard to find stores with the right sizes in stock.  I didn't have time to order one on line, so I had to get creative and make it work.  I went to Depot and found some heavy duty drawer slides and took them to my shop to see if I could get them to work.  I built the table top, legs and under frame and cut it in half.  I origionally made the under frame so the drawer slides I bought would fit on the inside of the frame, but it didn't work.  After thinking and thinking and thinking on how to get these slides to work and be smooth and solid...I mounted them on the outside of the under frame and attatched them to 2 29" 1 x 1's that I screwed to one half of the table top and it worked awesome!  It slides smooth and is very solid!  The leaf is 14" wide and fits snug into the table top when it's opened. 






The table and chairs are made from reclaimed fence and barnwood.  The table top has 3 staines and some boards are natural.  I used ebony, golden oak, and olde maple and coated the entire table and chairs with polyurathane to make them smooth and shiny and protect them from spills, etc... Last week was over 100 degrees every day and I finally got a brake in the weather cooling off to 90, and was able to put in my regular 12 hour day.  lol

1 comment:

  1. Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. Content Marketing Strategy 2020

    ReplyDelete