Saturday, July 28, 2012

Reclaimed Fence Board Shelf and Reclaimed Barnwood Table

I love making shelves and bookcases out of reclaimed fence!  I scored a white painted fence and just got it all tore apart and all the nails out of it to start making furniture with it.  This shelf is going in a country style kitchen to put a microwave on and store other small appliances.  I also made a reclaimed barnwood table with an adjustable shelf to put a big tv on and components on the shelf.  It is crazy how I never get tired of pulling out nails, cutting rotton ends of boards, sanding mold and dirt off old boards and turning them into a useful piece of furniture.  It would be so much easier to go buy wood and make furniture with square and clean lumber, but it's not the same.  Something about showing a person the wood I'm gonna make their furniture out of and the look of "omg" in their eyes and then the "omg, I love it!" when I'm all finished. 



Once again...Thank you all for your support!  Especially to Jennifer and Chris and John!  You guys Rock!!!

1 comment:

  1. This post was rewritten and updated Oct 2012 and will now be present with every pallet wood creation I make. Please spread the word on working safely with pallet wood and feel free to link to this post. chain link fence cost

    ReplyDelete