Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cool Table!


I found another use for my scrap wood.  My scrap pile was growing at an alarming rate again, and I had to do something about it and fast, so all the spiders didn't make their home in my scrap pile.  Nothing like grabbing a piece of wood with a brown recluse spider on it or a black widow.  It can never be the friendly kind of spider.  lol.  I spent hours and hours going through my scraps.  Cutting them square and sanding them.  Then I took a thin board about 4' x 2.5' and glued all the pieces on it.  I made a frame to support the board of scraps and inlaid it in the frame.  None of the scraps were the same thickness, so I took my planer to the top of it until is was all level.  To tired to stain it tonight, so I quess that will be tomorrows project.  I'm thinking about making matching chairs, but I need a break from cutting and sanding little pieces of wood for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment