Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hutch To Match Table Bench and Chair Set



I made an awesome reclaimed wood table, bench, and 2 chairs.  Jenn suggested I make a hutch to match, so I did.  It has a removable top half and two doors on the bottom shelf.  Lots of cutting and sanding on this project.  I had to make sure all my wood was straight and not warped for this project.  Nothing like  sorting through hundres of boards to find straight boards and the boards I needed, of course had nails and screws to pull out.  LOL  I would have had to do it any way.  It is important to pick out "alike" wood and randomly nail or screw in boards of different size and color and character.  Otherwise you get one side with all light wood and the other dark, etc...  You have to have a plan as well.  It makes the project easier, less time consuming, and less waist of wood and supplies.  Your plan can change as you build, but draw out something or have a picture of something to go off of.  I always learn as well.  Most of the time, the hard way, but my furniure gets better and better!  Any way...here is the hutch and newer picts of the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment